Vietnam visa in Moscow, Russia. Is this the information you are looking for? If so, you’re getting to the right place. Here, we will present you two aspects of this issue: Vietnam visa requirement in Moscow and ways to obtain Vietnam visa there.
Now, let’s deal with each aspect one by one.
Vietnam visa requirement in Moscow
As there is nothing to ensure that you must be a citizen of Russia just because you are in Moscow, we may assume 2 cases as follows:
1. You are Russian passport holders in Moscow:
You will be exempted from Vietnam visa for up to 15 days in Vietnam if:
- Your passport is valid for at least 6 months since your arrival date;
- Your arrival date does not fall within 30 days from exit date of your last stay in Vietnam with visa exemption.
Otherwise, you will need a valid Vietnam visa whether you are in Moscow or in any other place.
2. You are just a foreign traveler to or a foreign national residing in Moscow:
If this is the case, you firstly will need to follow the link https://www.vietnam-visa.com/vietnam-visa-exemption/ to check whether you need a visa or not.
If your nationality is included in the list and you meet the conditions required by the Vietnam Law, you do not need to obtain the visa for Vietnam. Otherwise, you will need one.
In case you may get visa exemption, just ignore the following section. Otherwise, read further to know how to obtain a Vietnam visa if you are in Moscow.
Options to get Vietnam visa in Moscow
At the moment, there are two convenient ways for residents of Moscow to obtain a visa for Vietnam, namely:
- Obtain visa via Vietnam Embassy; OR
- Obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival.
Following is a brief comparison between these two ways:
Visa on arrival
Vietnam Immigration Department
Vietnam Embassy in Belgium
2 working days (or 2 hours urgent)
4 – 5 working days
From US$21 (excluding stamp fee)
Varied by case
Postal cost, driving, parking fees
And this is the detailed guide to get visa in each way.
For Visa at Vietnam Embassy:
If you decide to use this option, you will find yourself very lucky as there is an office of Vietnam Embassy in Moscow, Russia.
Here is its contact information:
- Address: Bolshava Pirogovskava St., Moscow, RUSSIAN FEDERATION
- Phone: + 7 499-245-1092
- Fax: +7 499-246-3121
- Email: [email protected]
This embassy accepts visa applications submitted to them in person or by post. And following is the recommended procedure to get visa from Vietnam embassy in Moscow if you live close to the embassy.
- Download the application form on website of the embassy you are planned to apply for visa with, fill it out and attached it with a photo;
- Prepare documents for application, including: application form, original passport, photos and visa fee and others as required by the embassy;
- Travel to the Embassy to submit application documents and pay for visa fee;
- Get the Appointment Letter and then leave there for home;
- Travel back to the embassy on the appointed date to pick up original passport and visa.
The visa processing time is normally 4 – 5 working days.
For Visa on Arrival
The process to get Visa on arrival is completely different. It requires no travel or no sending off original passport and other documents via post either. It just requires a device with internet access. Accordingly, it is said very convenient for those living far from the embassy, even they are in London.
Here is the process to get Vietnam visa on arrival for residents in Moscow:
- Access to https://booking.vietnam-visa.com/step1.html, and complete the form here (no document is required);
- Review to make sure all information is correct, and then make payment of service fee online;
- Wait for maximum 2 working days or even 2 working hours in urgent cases (for tourist visa) to get visa approval letter delivered to email together with detailed guide to pick up full visa upon arrival at Vietnam airport;
- Get visa stamped upon original passport upon arrival at Vietnam airport (a few minutes at the airport).
This is a full comparison between the current 2 ways to obtain Vietnam visa from Moscow. We are sure that by reading here, you now already know which way is best for you.
Should you need any further information, please feel free to let us know via [email protected] or (+84) 946 583 583.